First off, these blog posts are about to become a lot more frequent and a lot less formal.
A few updates:
- I bought a printer.
- I'm mailing out completely free prints here.
- I found my grandfather's photography from 40 years ago and began digitizing them. You can check out some of his work here. His stuff is pretty incredible, and if you sign up for our email list above you can get a free print from his travels across the globe.
- This project hasn't "launched yet". As in, nothing is being sold yet. Literally just mailing out free prints and plotting how to make the world a better place effectively.
How you can help:
- I'm in a very fortunate position right now where I can pay my bills, eat (somewhat) well and have a little left over each month. All this marketing stuff like mailing out free prints is done 100% out of pocket. I don't want your money, I just want to make a difference. And this project will hopefully be at the point very soon to where it is making a difference. However, if you do have a desire to help out "financially", I made an Amazon list of materials I use in the printing/mailing process here.
- If you or someone you know has a space in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel-Hill area and would be down to host an art show, email me at email@example.com. The ideal "launch" for this project would be a night showcasing local photographers where prints are sold and dancing is done. Just a big get down with your homies and at the end of the night we can write a check with a comma in it to a local charity. Tight, yeah?
- If you have ideas for this project, I want to hear them! Tweet me, email me, call me, send smoke signals, etc.
Keep being awesome,